Tettiera has joint forces with Blooming Mamas’s Danika Bilocca to help all expecting mothers during their pregnancy with complementary therapies with pregnancy safe herbal infusions by Tettiera.
Danika Bilocca, a registered midwife specialising in maternity complementary therapies, is the founder of Blooming Mamas. As a midwife, Danika believes that despite the fact that it is a miraculous blessing to carry a child, the journey of pregnancy may feel like a forty-week roller coaster ride as a woman’s body goes through various physiological and psychological changes. With this perception in mind, Danika has set up Blooming Mamas to offer professional, individualised treatments to support expectant mums as they embark on this unique journey of pregnancy. Blooming Mamas treatments include Aromatherapy Massage & Acupressure, Hypnobirthing and Birth Preparation Classes (… & more is yet to come!)
Aromatherapy & Massage
Aromatherapy can be very beneficial during pregnancy, both as a relaxation treatment as well as to ease pregnancy discomforts such as backache, swollen ankles or carpal tunnel syndrome (tingling wrists). Studies show that regular aromatherapy massage treatments towards the end of pregnancy will prepare the body and mind to gently step into the flow of birth. Specific aromatherapy treatments are also available to help start off labour naturally.
Hypnobirthing is a natural childbirth technique that utilises breathing exercises, guided visualisation and positive affirmations to help mamas achieve a state of relaxation and calm well-being during pregnancy & birth. Hypnobirthing will help expectant mamas to build birth confidence, cope better with the pain of childbirth, bond with their unborn baby and achieve a more positive pregnancy & birth experience. Hypnobirthing is also known to shorten the process of labour and reduces the need of pharmacological analgesia. It is also beneficial for those mamas who are planned to deliver their baby via a Caesarean delivery.
Birth Preparation Classes
Birth education is the key to prepare for and overcome the fears of birth. Blooming Mamas offers one-to-one pregnancy & birth education classes to help expectant couples develop the knowledge, skills and confidence needed to assist them during pregnancy while preparing them for the birth of their baby and beyond.
Subscribe to our website on www.bloomingmamas.com to stay tuned about our upcoming & exciting Blooming services!
Teas & Herbal Infusions
These are the recommended Pregnancy Safe Teas & Tisanes, all caffeine free.
1. Raspberry leaf is widely used by expectant mothers, especially in the last few months of pregnancy. It helps with morning sickness and tones the uterine muscles to help prepare your body for the birth of your baby. Mothers who take Raspberry leaf in the last few months of pregnancy would possibly prevent them from going past their due date and have a more natural birth. Most mothers continue using it after birthing to reduce cramping, reduce bleeding and tone the uterus and pelvic muscles. Only start using after the 32nd week of pregnancy. There is no scientific evidence on this however it is an old midwife’s tale and recommended till this day! Furthermore, raspberry leaf is rich in antioxidants.
2. The Ceylon Decaf Black Tea – to replace the normal cup of tea with milk. Ceylon black tea is a crisp rich black tea from Sri Lanka. Ideal for morning and afternoon tea. Tea contains caffeine which is not recommended during pregnancy. Therefore this decaf variety offers the same quality and indulgence for those of us who cannot survive a day without their cup of Morning Black tea.
3. Peppermint – a relaxant, helps to heal the stomach and helps with morning sickness, nausea, indigestion. A soothing cup to heal body and relax the mind.
4. Ginger – a super spice in its own right, Ginger is rich in nutrients and helps to heal the stomach, flatulence. It is renowned to help relieve nausea and vomiting and may be an effective remedy for morning sickness. Limit to 1 cup a day to avoid heart-burn during pregnancy.
5. Rooibos Vanilla – rich in nutrients, calcium, magnesium, high in antioxidants and an anti-inflammatory! Rooibos is renowned for hair and skin health too. A daily doze of antioxidants to boost your immune system is key during pregnancy to keep your shining!
Always consult your doctor before consuming natural herbs, spices and teas especially if you are on medication or suffer from particular health conditions.
Some Mum-to-be Pampering:
Why not enjoy a luxury bath with our Tempting Raspberry Bath Soak ?
Escape into your own bath tub for 20minutes and let your skin and senses unwind in this luxury bath bag made from the Tettiera Tempting Raspberry blend with green tea, raspberry leaf & pieces and rose petals. Packed in a reusable cotton bag.
It is recommended to be used during late pregnancy as it has Rose Petals which is known to be a uterotonic and thus may bring about pre term labour. Therefore this is a way to help you relax and to promote a natural birth journey and not an induced one.
Ingredients: Espson Salts, Dendritic salts, Sodium Bicarbonate, Green tea leaf, Raspberry leaf, raspberry pieces, rose petals, white tea fragrance oil.
Tettiera tea blends and herbal infusions are made from 100% natural leaves and also from organic produce, depending on the product source. Refer to the product labels for more information. Send us an email on email@example.com for further enquiries.